Thursday, January 26, 2006

RUN!!!


So I am very proud of myself... I ran eight miles the other day (Monday) and It felt really good. Before you ask the answer is No... I was not being chased.... or chasing anyone. I am going to try to run a marathon in June. My run on Monday felt really good. I actually could have kept on going. That was very encouraging, it was the first time that I felt that maybe I can actually do this. I have been running on a treadmill since September so I didn't know how far I could actually run. I know that I still have 18.2 miles to go, but still I feel I have made a lot of progress. They say that once you can run more than 10 miles the rest is pretty easy... This is probably some horrible lie created by a person who now sits back and has a hearty belly laugh as these stupid runners try to finish 26.2 miles. So I will let you all know, If I don't end up like the chicken in the picture... on your dinner table... unless you are a veggie then you are safe... for now... Actually I had a good laugh when I saw this picture, the chicken is trying to escape from a poultry farm in Turkey (no pun intended.. I think...?) When I run I think I am going to picture a man with scary green gloves and a large implement of death who is chasing me (probably Caleb). I'll probably go faster.. you never know.

6 comments:

Megs said...

Good for you there kiddo! WOw, I thought about running tonight...and that's where it ended! Thanks for the input on the blog title......and I await in expectation...send it do it...

Janice said...

ha when i went running the other day, i was trying to run with good form so i could run faster...i ended up pretending i was sydney bristow in all those endless running shots being chased by bad guys or an explosion or a wall of water...it worked pretty good for about ten seconds. yeah. i'm weird.

Anonymous said...

Running is all mental- take every step thinking only on the next step or point within your vision. Other than that having a constant breathing pattern is paramount, stops you from having side-achs. good luck hope you do well

Beth said...

That picture is freakin amazing. I'm goin for the chicken! The fact that it's in turkey is even funnier!

Josh said...

rund danny run

Anonymous said...

Hehe. The picture is perfect! :D