Monday, August 07, 2006

Love and Marriage California Style!




So this time I just attended a wedding, I was not the officiant. It was the wonderful union of Jón and Marisa! Although I did get the honor of being the MC for the reception, which was fun. It was crazy though. They (meaning you Miss RAY!) gave me a piece of paper after the ceremony right before the reception which had the order of events on it... no more.. but no less and said,"ok, make it work." So I did my best with what I had and I hope it was alright.

The whole weekend was really nice. I got to see loads of people from Capernwray (sorry, Capenberry Rebecca) which until then I was not sure if I would ever see again, this side of heaven anyway. I was very bummed that I did not get to see Beth though, she was suppose to be there, but missed her connecting flight due to no fault of her own. I rented a car, which was f-ing expensive (only because I am under 25), but they upgraded me because they didn't have any more of the cheap ones that I had reserved. So I got to cruise around in a Ford Escape all weekend. It was pretty sweet! La Jolla is incredibly beautiful. I had such a fun time, It was really nice to get away from school. I did do homework on the plane, both ways, but that doesn't count. Oh! I forgot to mention how amazingly talented Jón's family is! They all (well not his dad) sang and/or played an instrument for the wedding. They were not just good, they were really good. I was blown away.

Did I mention how great it was to see everyone? I love all of those people so much (Janice, BJ, Jeff, Courtnay, Elin, Chelsea, Daveo, Ben, Luke, Heidi, Dana, Brittany, Shawana and of course Jón and Marisa,) Well, now I need to get back to school work. I only have two more weeks then I am done with these classes!!! wooohooooo! There will be pictures to follow, so check back, but I do not have access to the pictures here at school.

5 comments:

Megs said...

BAH!!!! SO AMAZING! look how stinkihg precious they are! i honestly can't believe they are married. CRAZY!! I'm stoked that you had a blast! I'm sooo sorry that you are in school!

Pamela Joy said...

yay, sounds like loads of fun. glad you got to go!

Beth said...

grr..all of my favorite people in MY hometown eating MY favorite burger and I"M NOT THERE! DARN YOU FAULTY AIRLINES!!! I HATE YOU!!

Béthany said...

aw :)

Court said...

We're all beautiful.