Monday, March 26, 2007

Well, I'm still alive


Sorry Caleb, I pulled though. Look on the bright side... oh there has to be one somewhere, just keep looking.

Anyway, yes, the surgery went very well. I do not remember a thing and I came out with both my legs attached. (Two things I was worried about the reverse happening) Oh and they operated on the correct leg too. But, I have good news and bad news. I will start with the bad, the tare in my lateral (outside) meniscus was too great and they could not fix it. They removed a big chuck of floating cartledge, about 2 cm long and 1cm wide. That little guy was causing all the problems. So, I will be able to resume my daily activities soon. However, I will never be able to run that marathon I had been working towards for the last few years... That was the hardest to hear. It is not that I could not go out and run the 26.2 miles in one go, but since that is impossible for me at this current state of fitness I will not be able to do it. It would be really bad for my knee to go through the training for it. Onto the Good! I am not it a brace because there was nothing to fix!!! so the healing time will be much much faster and I will not have to go through near as much physical therapy. I will only have to be on crutches for two weeks. In other good news, the drugs they gave me are really really good... So I hope all is well with you all. I will be in touch.
-Danny

6 comments:

Josh said...

Danny, that's horrible to hear. It's good to know we'll get to hang out on some breaks more. What server are you on for wow.

Anonymous said...

Oh danny, I'm so sorry. I think I have a similar chunk of cartilage that likes to go swimming in my knee when it rains. I can't believe you can't do that marathon. MY heart sank when I read that.

shinbone #4 said...

Danny, I shed a little tear for you. That sucks eggs.
I'm glad your healing quickly though, and that otherwise the surgery went well. Who knows maybe not running the marathon saved your life. I know a guy who was a marathon runner, who dropped dead at the end of a race. (They brought him back - but still, scary!)
loves!!!

shinbone #4 said...

Do you not blog anymore?? Do you at least "facbook" like most of the known world?? hmmm?

Jón Magnús said...

you! i can´t find your email! here it is...

capers reunion

portland

new years

you in?

kaylie said...

you're not on world of warcraft are you? i'm on the scryers.