Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Hello again


Hi everyone,

So life has been a little nuts as usual. But I would be concerned if it wasn't. I am starting to get senioritus bad... and I still have one more term to go. I am just really excited to graduate. Anyway what has the month consisted of... well I took my mom to the hospital again. I told her that this is enough, no more hospital trips! She had appendicitis and needed and emergency appendectomy. She is almost completely recovered now and is doing well. Let's see... I have been skiing a few times, that has been really great. I am reading two great books right now. Sex God by Rob Bell. If you didn't know, I am a Rob Bell groupie. I think he is one of the greatest Christian thinkers of our time. It is a commentary on what it means to be God's creation regarding our sexuality. Fascinating! Also this book I just got called UnChristian. it is a study on today’s generation, gen Y if you will (we have many names), people born from (1984-2002) I think (don’t quote me on those dates). It looks at how people view the church and Christians in particular and why they hold certain views. Anyway, really interesting and I highly recommend both. So I will leave you now. I have more studies to do. Later
-Danny

4 comments:

Janice said...

daniel herbst, i love you. and i can hug you...on august 7 or 8, 2008. which is in six months. i cry inside! one day.

Allison said...

yeah i finally read 'velvet elvis' on the flight back to sc from pdx. i guess i'll have to read 'sex god', too. hehe. we love your rob bell obsession, danny.
glad you've made it to the mt! snow looks fabulous. have you ridden the new flood express yet?? mmm.
:D so excited for this summer!!!

Danny said...

Yes I have ridden the new flood express, but it has been 10 years since I had been to timberline, so I realy didn't notice a difference. However, everyone up there was raving about how great it was... now if we can only convince ski bowl to get new lifts too...

lyss said...

Update!