Sunday, April 02, 2006

Home

Oh I am home! First of all, what a nice break it was to be away from the rain and the grey and just everything. Now I have to say how much I love Portland! When I got off the plane today I was greeted by a multitude of things. The first being a much crisper temperature (When I left California it was almost 80, when I got off the plane in Oregon it was cloudy and 50 with a good chance of some light rain) I'll be real honest in saying this was not my favorite greeting, but I was immediately welcomed again when I walked through the gate into the airport and the aroma of Coffee People filled the air. Coffee People has one of their stations literally at my gate, which warmed my heart. Then further down I hear live music playing, but not just by any musician. In true Oregon style a fairly clean looking hippy of a man (I know.. clean hippy... doesn't make sense, but it was the airport) with long hair and a beard was playing "Here Comes the Sun." The best part is he was hired by PDX to be there, he was legit with a microphone and and sound system and everything. It put a big smile on my face. You know people are just nicer in Oregon too. In California the people are polite, but not always nice. At least that is what I have observed. Anyway, now I am at home and I need to do laundry because the new term starts tomorrow at good ol' PSU and I have no clean clothes. Well until next time, good night and good luck. (PS. the picture is of PDX in case you didn't figure that out)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey danny the best band in the world is from Portland and i want to see them and just like musical fashion they never play Canadian shows. So someday i may come down to see you aand try to correspond the time with a show. Oh and they are called "The Decemberists"

Megs said...

it's about time you posted punk! tee hee. OH you'll never guess who will be in p-town this weekend. me?! how did you guess so fast!?! That's right! i'm comin!! *sigh* can you tell i'm stoked!! hahah well it sure would be sweet to see you. i'm stayin at ally's fri-sun. lata BROTHA!!

Beth said...

you wanna know something really weird? Here Comes the Sun came on on my ITunes while reading your blog. Now that's just funny timing. I also think it's a little ironic that the guy in the Portland airport should be singing about sunshine.

Anonymous said...

Too many things come to mind as I attempt to make a posting on your blog...your title really does fit you so well!!! I think you are a champion:) It was great spending being with you today (as always) I really enjoy spending time with you and your family. You are so amazing, I hope you know that!!!
You should really be regreting the deal you made with me...(hint---movies) Can't wait to see some totally girly chick flick!!! P.S. I got more movie tickets and chipotle gift cards...I think this puts us at 8 tickets total!
Have a good night and now you can no longer say I haven't posted anything on your blog!
Love you forever and ever!!!!!!
ouch! just scraped the boo boo from the car incident...oops

shinbone #4 said...

DANNY!!! I can't believe it, here you are along with everyone else! And here I am. How are you? really? For all bloggin appearances you seem to be doing really well. I think I may stop by again sometime. Happy Easter, etc.