Sunday, January 14, 2007

Dear Abby (or whoever answers)


So I went on my date tonight, i just got back. It was canceled the other night, but then was rescheduled for tonight and I had a really good time... with her friend... yikes! This was a first date. We had talked on the phone a few times, but that was it. She ignored me almost the entire time. We went to this Bar/Club which was really fun. She knew a bunch of guys there from high school, one of them an old boyfriend and she was flirting with him a lot, and vise-versa. She never made eye contact with me and I do not think she is that shy. She was also always texting other people too. So consequently I talked to her friend a lot and I think we clicked, the only thing is that the friend is 4 years older than me... Total awesome Christian girl and real!!! that is so hard to find in a Christian girl (well since i left capernwray anyway) I don't mind the age thing, but she might. I didn't ask her for her number there, I thought it might be bad form, since I was suppose to be there with the other girl. So I will try and get it later. I know where she works, but the girl I was on the date with works there too (both at the same Starbucks) so this is where I need your help... how do I go about doing this!?!

sincerely,
Women Confuse Me

8 comments:

Pamela Joy said...

Danny, you're so hot. And I'm so proud of you for going for it and asking this girl out. And even more proud that you would think about asking for her friend's number. I love it when guys show some courage and determination, and also when they're attracted to "real" Christian girls. It is encouraging. You are a delight.
love,
Pamela

Court said...

I'd just start going there for coffee all the time. And then one day when the good one is working and the other one isn't ask her out. Or you could just do the white knight thing and leave her a card at work with your number in it and an invitation for dinner.
But these are just random thoughts and I'm pretty sure you can do this one on your own.
Just remeber you bring everything a girl should want to the table. In that confidence anything can happen and you'll still have a great time.

Janice said...

i just wrote a whole comment and had to delete it because i had to signin with my google account. update your blog, please!

do the card thing (brilliant suggestion, court) cause she'll love it. besides, the other girl ignored you, therefore she has lost the right to be upset. AND if she was ignoring you in the first place, i hate to say it, but she probably was deciding that she didn't really want to date you. in which case, she should have her head checked. so you should go about dating this awesome girl feeling no guilt whatsoever.

i might be seeing you in february. keep you posted.

Megs said...

Dang, girls are stupid! haha, reading that i was so frustrated at that chick! But YAY that the friend was awesome...totally go for it Danny, and like the other gals said don't worry about hte other girl, she obviously was out to lunch! best of luck bro! keep us posted!

Megs said...

ps. i'm sooo glad you're posting again!

Beth said...

Dear Women Confuse Me,
I say drop the first one like a rock, she ain't worth it! (which could be said in my newly evolved and slightly annoying southern accent. yes, I got one). Don't let the fact that the other one is older inimidate you at all. You're an awesome guy and if she has any brains at all she'll figure that out. I like the going to starbucks all the time idea. it's worth a "shot". (pardon the pun).

Pamela Joy said...

Oooo I have an extra insight. I recently developed a crush on a guy I'm just becoming friends with who is 2 years younger than me but my fear (though I'm not too worried yet, cuz like I said, I'm just getting to know him) is that he'll be too intimidated by me being 2 years older to think of being attracted back to me. Further, if he were to take the initiative to just go for it anyway then it would affirm that he actually is mature enough for the age difference not to matter. ;-)
Just a thought though, I have little qualification for giving dating advice...

shinbone #4 said...

Go Danny GO!! I am very impressed. Pursue her!! Not in a crazy stalker way of course, but girls do like to be pursured. I also whole heartedly agree with Janice. How can that other girl be jealous or angry when she had her chance and blew you off?? And I doubt the age difference is a problem... Trust me, I've been in her place before, and she's probably worried the other way about it... how could you be interested in her. If you don't care, I doubt she would.