Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Oh what a Tangled Web we Weave


So... Here is what has happened so far... I called Christine (the girl who ignored me) and she did not answer... big surprise.. so I left a message. It went something around these lines, "Hey Christine, its Danny. I was just calling because I wanted to talk to you. I don't think we really hit it off the other night, but I was wondering if you would give me Crystal' (the girl who is really cool) number. Anyway, I'd still like to hang out with you sometime, but you know, just as friends. Call me or text me. Thanks"

NOW before you all fly off the handle let me explain my reasoning behind such a move. First off all, I wanted to have the last word and be the rejecter (I know, not the nicest thing to do... but oh well) I knew she would never call me back. I mean who would! But I figured two things. First, since they work together at the same Starbucks, I figured that Christine would tell Crystal. Something like, "Can you believe that Jerk. He called and asked me for Your Number!" so Crystal will know what is going on (and hopefully be flattered). So when I go into the Starbucks here in a week or so. I will be able to read Crystals body language and see if maybe she is interested. I will also apologies and be charming to Christine, maybe joke about what I did and make fun of myself a little, because that always works with people. They love it when you can joke about yourself or your "dumb actions"

All this is honestly becoming a little too complicated for me. So much freakin effort! But I keep telling myself it is worth it.... I cannot take all the credit for my actions. I have asked several people what to do and this is the option I chose. So if it doesn't work, well I will try something else next time. I feel like I am a little behind with this stuff, that most guys learn this in high school. Oh well, I just hope I learn a little faster than I would have in high school.

In other news I am a TV Show talk show host! Well, co-host. It is a local cable show called "Sandy Times" it is about the goings on in Sandy, Oregon... I film my first episode this Saturday, so we will see where this takes me. I am thinking the Today Show. Matt Lauer needs me to replace him. Well this is long enough and I need to go and do my homework. I will update you all again soon.

-Danny

6 comments:

Beth said...

You have a show? Oh my gosh, I hope they post on YouTube so i can watch. Good luck with the women troubles.

shinbone #4 said...

Danny!! You little Soap opera star you!! I doubt I would have chosen that option, but I guess you really gave it a lot of thought, so I pray it goes well for you. Do keep us posted. AND YES!! Somehow find a way to post a show on youtube, that would be great!!
xx's your biggest fan :D

Béthany said...

we're all on the edge of our seats :-)

Megs said...

i echo bethany's comment! i'm waiting anxiously to see how this will resolve!!

shinbone #4 said...

Danny, I do hope you realize I have been waiting with baited breath. I blame you entirely for the lack of oxygen to my brain :D

Pamela Joy said...

Wait. so, what happened?
I think you might have made the error of conferring male thought processes onto a woman - I think a guy would have been flattered by hearing that transaction had occured but the girl would have probably stuck by her friend. But here's hoping I'm totally wrong!