Monday, May 08, 2006

The Weekend Update with Danny


I had the greatest weekend. To begin on Friday, my friend Rebecca and I went out and got a few beers and a bite to eat. That was good. Then on Saturday I filmed the most awesome commercial. I had a really big part in it too. For all of you in Oregon and Washington you will get to see it, oh probably part of Idaho too. It will start airing in a few weeks. It was a spot for Columbia Credit Union. There were four spots (different commercials) filmed over the weekend I was in one of them. The whole concept of this one that banking is more than just the re-enactment of the fall of the Ming Dynasty during lunch break. hahah it is hysterical! I am the customer in the line waiting to be helped and all of a sudden these bank employees dressed as warriors come running in from all directions and start fighting with obviously foam swords and cheesy oriental costumes. I am the only one in line and you see me turn around in shock and horror at what is going on as all of this fighting is happening around me. HAHAH it was awesome. I guess the best part was that I got to do it with my family. Four of my cousins were in it too. Two of them were tellers behind the counter shooting arrows at people. One was a customer being helped and another was a random warrior. My cousins husband was the creative genius behind these spots. He works for the ad agency that produced these so he got me the gig. Its all about who you know. I did not get paid, but I had a more featured part than some of the paid actors. So I thought that was pretty cool! Two of the other commercials were dragon boat jousting, and one where hippies were secretly planting a forest of bamboo and running from the forest ranger. What a great time. I will try and post it on here so you can see it (can I do that does anyone know how to post a video on the blog?) I don't have it yet, it will be a while before I get a copy.
Oh the weekend is not over. On Sunday I got up early and with some the cast of a skit I am in at Church in a service coming up in two weeks we went down town Portland and fed breakfast to the homeless for two hours. It was so amazing and really good food too. We went and helped this organization which is out of some seventh day adventist church who does this every Sunday morning in O'bryant square just north of the Park Blocks from 8 to 10. There were five grills going and we made french toast and hash browns for between 500 and 1000 people. All the food and supplies are donated by Albertsons. I do have to say that I am a french toast master. It was so cool there was so much food to give to these people and really good food too. Sometimes the food given to them from other organizations is crap. Anyway it was a great experience. Well, i am off to bed. Ya'll come back now, hear?

-Danny

P.S Awesome quote I heard this weekend from church "Serving others is not just showing God's love, it is showing God love." There is a little nugget I thought was neat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dannyyyy !! Un petit message de la France pour te dire que je pense bien à toi !! Je suis contente de pouvoir lire de tes nouvelles ici...
Bisous et j'espère que tu n'oublies pas ton Français !!

April 2005, Capernwray Hall, UK : "s'il vous plait, monsieur"... this silly joke is still making me laugh :)

Pamela Joy said...

Yay for my actor friend Danny! What do I have to do to get thanked when you recieve your academy award? Just tell me and I will do it. Unless it's make out with you... because, Danny... we've been over this - no I will NOT make out with you! (just kidding... I totally will if it means you'll thank me when you get your academy award).
I'll have to start watching TV so I can see your commercial! Hope I get to see you this week while Josh is here - you have to come over some time that is not on Thurs - Sun... cuz I'll be in VA those days.
love.
Pamela

Danny said...

Salut Jeanne !
Merci d’avoir écrit sur mon blog. Non, je n’oublie pas le français. Je continue a faire mes études de l’Université. Je n’ai pas beaucoup de confidence avec ça. Mais je travaille et je travaille et j’espère que je réussirai un jour.

shinbone #4 said...

Danny you certainly do live a charmed sort of life don't you??
Pastor one day, acclaimed commercial actor the next - can you see the jealousy oozing out my pours?? YOu would if I sent you the close up.